Vehicle Donation Manager
Position & Description
This position is responsible for managing the entire vehicle donation process, spreading the
word about ChangingGears to increase vehicle donations, and selling fundraising vehicles. By
executing these responsibilities with excellence, this position will generate the resources that
are necessary for ChangingGears to achieve its mission and strategic goals.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
Manage Vehicle Donations
• Provide “that experience was so awesome, I’m going to tell my friends about
ChangingGears” level of service for vehicle donors.
• Manage all donor communications before, during and after vehicle donation.
• Coordinate picking up donated vehicles – including driving in, towing in with ChangingGears’
tow truck and outsourcing tows to towing partner.
• Complete vehicle donation paperwork – including title transfer and tax deduction documents.
• Determine and enter vehicle specific information in ChangingGears’ database
Coordinate Sales for Fundraising Vehicles
• Sell vehicles to public buyers that are not appropriate to sell to clients. Includes taking vehicle
photos, posting ads online, communicating with potential buyers, and completing sales with
• Sell vehicles to scrap yards that are not appropriate to sell to clients or public buyers.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
• Assist Director of Vehicle Operations when necessary.
• Assist with fundraising events when necessary.
• Attend client celebrations for ChangingGears and CityLink Center.
• Other duties may be assigned as appropriate.
• Passion for the mission and vision of ChangingGears.
• Conduct that is consistent with the values of ChangingGears.
• Sales and customer service experience preferred.
• Willing and able to become a Notary.
• Willing and able to be licensed as a Motor Vehicle Dealer Salesperson in Ohio.
• Willing and able to drive ChangingGears’ tow truck.
• Willingness to adjust hours to accommodate the needs of the job.
• Ability to effectively manage a wide array of tasks, projects, and responsibilities.
• Ability to work productively in an unstructured environment with frequent interruptions.
• Basic computer skills, specifically ability to use Microsoft Office, Google Apps, communicate
via email, etc.
• Pass pre-employment drug screening and background check.
• Valid driver’s license.
• High School Diploma or G.E.D.
• No more than 2 moving violations and/or at-fault accidents on driving record within the past 2
• No drug or alcohol-related convictions on driving record within the past 5 years (DUI/DWI).
• Able to lift up to 50 pounds.
• Have full body mobility and be able to twist, turn, bend at the waist, and squat.
• Willing to work in extreme weather and temperature conditions.
Time Commitment and Classification
• Full Time
• Hours are generally Monday through Friday between 8am and 5pm.
• This position is salaried exempt and reports to the Executive Director of ChangingGears.
• $40,000 to $50,000 salary based on experience level
• Company matched IRA plan
• Paid vacation
• Paid holidays
Think you'd be a good fit?
We'd love to hear from you.
Please send your resumé and cover letter to [email protected]