Manager of Professional Development
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Per Scholas is seeking a Manager, Professional Development to train students in essential skills for landing a technology job and advancing in a career. You will assist students in developing collateral, including resumes, cover letters, and LinkedIn profiles. Coach students for two years post-graduation to achieve financial, certification, and Professional Development goals.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Curriculum & Workshop Facilitation
- Using a structured and approved curriculum, conduct 12 comprehensive sessions of career development training to prepare students for entry to mid-level jobs in the field of Information Technology. Training topics include but are not limited to interviewing skills, resume and cover letter creation, LinkedIn profiles, job search and networking strategies, customer service training, workplace success strategies, career advancement training, financial capability training, and business communications.
- As needed, facilitate remediation workshops and individual coaching sessions with students.
- Conduct New Hire and Post-Hire Workshops for employed graduates.
Managing Student Performance
- Provide students with ongoing individual career counseling and employment preparation coaching.
- Prepare student evaluations individually and in conjunction with the technical instructor.
- Participate in all required student progress meetings with other members of the team.
- Ensure quality and timely submission of students’ resumes
- Monitor and enforce student class attendance
- Monitor and enforce all program policies to ensure compliance
- Make necessary referrals for support services and follow up with the service providers to monitor outcomes and ensure appropriate services are provided
Alumni Advancement Coaching
- Working closely with the Business Solutions team, provide assistance to new graduates that are managing job search activities.
- For two years post-graduation, provide monthly and quarterly follow-up and advancement services to both employed and unemployed alumni.
- Connect program graduates with the resources necessary for them to maintain employment and advance in their careers.
- Manage to process and outcome performance goals
- Conduct real-time student data entry in Salesforce.com
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO US:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience in career and job development with specific experience with job readiness/life skills training
- Knowledge of workforce development with a minimum of 2 years experience in the area
- Experience in organizational training & development or learning & development preferred
- Experienced training adults (18+) a plus
- Demonstrated experience in classroom training and understanding principles of classroom management and diversity
- Google Apps and Salesforce experience a plus
- Experience in talent acquisition, staffing, or recruitment preferred
- Experience in executive coaching, life coaching, or employee coaching is a plus
- You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced startup environment with people who are passionate about their work and mission.
- You are data-driven, result-oriented, and a forward-looking catalyst for social change.
- You have a collaborative and flexible workstyle. You’re excited to work cross-functionally with other departments and independently.
- You are an effective communicator with strong oral and written skills.
- You are tech-savvy and can learn quickly.
- You are strong at managing your time, and you can balance multiple projects and tasks.
- You stand behind our mission, believing that individuals from any community should have access to well-paying career positions, and that talent should be recognized and recruited from many diverse sources.
For the role specifically, we target a salary range of 55,000 to 60,000, where the difference in salary is typically determined by several factors, including geographic location in which the selected candidate resides and alignment with qualification and experience.
If you have any questions about this role, please feel free to email our Talent team at [email protected]. We look forward to viewing your application!
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Think you'd be a good fit?
We'd love to hear from you.
Please send your resumé and cover letter to [email protected]