Manager of Employer Partnerships (Business Solutions)
POSITION TITLE: Manager of Employer Partnerships (known internally as Business Solutions)
REPORTS TO: Managing Director
LOCATION: Cincinnati, OH
We are a small, multi-disciplinary team seeking individuals who can ensure the success of this new initiative. We are seeking talented, DEI-aware, and passionate entrepreneurial professionals to join our team.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Per Scholas seeks a Manager of Employer Partnerships (known internally as Business Solutions) to ensure their students are successful in mid to high-level technology positions in the workplace after graduation. The Business Solutions team coordinates with Per Scholas local and national resources to design and implement career development curriculum, delivers components of the career development curriculum in coordination with course instructors and advises students on career advancement opportunities to ensure successful placement in relevant jobs in the technology sector. They also collaborate with our primary corporate employer partner to place successful graduates with them are responsible for identifying and developing new employer partnerships in local markets to create a hiring pipeline for graduates.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Implement the career development strategy to prepare students for mid-to high-level careers in technology
- Align the career development strategy with Per Scholas client requirements
- Manage interview and placement processes with corporate partner HR and recruiting teams
- Provide students with ongoing individual career counseling and employment preparation coaching
- Identify student needs, provide necessary resources, establish individualized plans for student achievement, recommend students for particular employment opportunities, and address behavior or attitude concerns of students
- Develop a strong network of local employers to support the placement of students who are not directly hired by Platform clients and establish a voice in workforce development on behalf of Per Scholas in collaboration with funder driven program leads
- Manage alumni outreach and activities for students graduating from Per Scholas programs
- Connect program graduates with the resources necessary for them to maintain employment and advance in their careers
- Monitor and manage student outcome and placement data in Per Scholas Salesforce database as well as up-and-out metrics for internal and client reporting
- Support on-site admissions and onboarding of new students in collaboration with national recruiting and admissions teams
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO US:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent relevant experience) required
- At least 5 years related professional experience preferably in human resources/recruiting, career placement and/or adult workforce development
- Career and job development with specific experience with job-readiness/workplace skills training
- Demonstrated experience in classroom training and understanding principles of classroom management techniques appropriate for diverse adult learners
- Ability to generate or leverage existing relationships with employers in the Greater Cincinnati, OH area
- Knowledge of workforce development a plus
- Data savvy and metrics orientation
- Knowledge of Salesforce and learning management systems a plus
- You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced startup environment with people who are passionate about their work and mission.
- You are data-driven, result-oriented, and a forward-looking catalyst for social change.
- You have a collaborative and flexible work style. You’re excited to work cross-functionally with other departments and independently.
- You are an effective communicator with strong oral and written skills.
- You are tech-savvy and learn new tools quickly.
- You are detail-oriented, with exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- You stand behind our mission, believing that individuals from any community should have access to well-paying career positions, and that talent should be recognized and recruited from many diverse sources.
WHY WORK HERE?
We believe our staff is the heart and soul of our organization. Our workplace culture is challenging, supportive, collaborative and mission-driven. We take a genuine interest in career development and work-life balance, and welcome ideas from staff at all levels. Working at Per Scholas means working somewhere full of engaging, savvy, diverse people who care deeply about pushing our work forward.
You’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual professional environment, self-development opportunities, innovative technology, and benefits like health care and a 401K match. If you want to work in a progressive organization, where you can build something meaningful and have fun while doing it, we would love to hear from you.
ABOUT PER SCHOLAS:
Per Scholas is a national nonprofit that drives positive and proven social change in communities across the country. Through rigorous and tuition-free technology training and professional development, we prepare motivated and curious adults who are unemployed or underemployed for successful careers as technology professionals, and we create onramps to businesses in need of their talents. Today we provide our solutions in fourteen cities across the country: Atlanta, GA; Baltimore, MD; Charlotte, NC; Chicago, IL; Columbus, OH; Dallas, TX; Denver, CO; Detroit, MI; Greater Boston, MA; Greater Cincinnati, OH; the National Capital Region; Newark, NJ, New York, NY; and Philadelphia, PA. To date, Per Scholas has trained more than 10,000 individuals, helping them build lasting, life-changing skills and careers in technology.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. See our full EEO statement here.
Think you'd be a good fit?
We'd love to hear from you.
Please send your resumé and cover letter to [email protected]