Industry Pathways Manager
Industry Pathways Manager
Position & Description:
The Industry Pathways Manager is responsible for the overall delivery of industry training tracks at CityLink Center. The role will manage and continuously improve the processes to engage and support clients throughout the industry training, working with our partner organizations to advance individuals to careers with higher wage and growth potential.
The Industry Pathways Manager will develop and execute the client experience including recruiting strategies to increase client awareness and volume within the training programs and employment support, including but not limited to: resume development, interview skills, mock interviews, employment placement, and ongoing retention.
In this role, the Industry Pathways Manager will be a key interface between service delivery organizations and CityLink Center staff to determine how best to support clients’ goals through the training programs. This includes overseeing the schedules, material management, and additional resources that support the delivery of the training tracks.
The Industry Pathways Manager will also directly engage companies interested in hiring graduates.
The Industry Pathways Manager will closely coordinate activities with the staff of partner agencies, Volunteer Director, and Spiritual Growth Director to ensure optimal approach and outcomes.
Mission and Vision Support: The Industry Pathways Manager directly supports CityLink’s vision and mission through creating, maintaining, and improving the industry training tracks which help connect individuals to careers. Through engagement in training tracks, the lives of clients will be changed while leveraging the strength of partners and volunteers to address this pressing community need.
Job Duties and Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned as appropriate):
- Develop, coordinate, and support infrastructure to train individuals for employment in career tracks. Tracks include coordination of “hard” skills (industry) and “soft” skills (employment wellness, financial ed, transportation), along with employment and retention post-training.
- Coordinate employer engagement for training and employment placement and job retention.
- Evaluate programs and processes for efficiency and improvements including outcome reporting, client feedback, and industry feedback. Benchmark best practices to inform programs.
- Identify track specific client recruiting and outreach to engage target individuals in tracks.
Identify and Maintain Partnerships
- Identify and Maintain partnerships with training organizations and hiring partners.
- Maintain productive relationships with partner organizations delivering content.
- Establish organizational structure between partners for industry training programs.
- Identify and support sustainable resourcing of training tracks where possible
- Mature in faith and committed to continuous growth
- Ability to think strategically across multiple priorities and initiatives
- Self-starter and solution-focused
- Possess a strong process orientation – high organizational skills and follow-through
- Works well with diverse groups of people and able to lead collaboration
- Ability to work through challenging situations
Education and Experience
- Possess a bachelor’s degree in an applicable field
- Experience in designing and implementing complex processes and systems to deliver outcomes
- Experience in working in a highly collaborative environment with multiple partners
- Experience in Human Resources, familiarity with hiring processes
- Knowledge of management principles and evaluation methods for continuous improvement
- Proficient in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft and web applications
- Familiarity and proficiency in case management software or other similar systems
- Organization and planning skills
- Demonstrated capability to conduct one’s self in a calm and professional demeanor when dealing with the public and/or with difficult situations
- Demonstrated capability to effectively communicate orally and in writing
- Ability to work well with a diverse group of staff and volunteers
- Willingness to adjust hours to accommodate the needs of the job
- Ability to effectively manage a wide array of tasks, projects, and responsibilities
- Ability to work productively in an unstructured environment with frequent interruptions
- Ability to simultaneously work on multiple initiatives in a dynamic and undefined environment
- Hours are generally Monday through Friday with some Saturdays, between 8am and 9pm
- Must be available for special events, meetings, and training
Time Commitment: 40+ hours /week
Reports To: Dani Watkins, Director of Programming of CityLink Center
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the job title in the subject line.
Think you'd be a good fit?
We'd love to hear from you.
Please send your resumé and cover letter to [email protected]