Director of Operations
Director of Operations
CityLink Vision: Working Together to Transform Lives and Our Community
CityLink Mission: To show God’s love to those in need by providing an integrated path to holistic life change.
Position & Description:
The Director of Operations is a cross-functional role responsible for leading and executing business operations for the organization. The role will manage and direct communications, information technology, SalesForce, accounting, legal, and human resources.
In this role, the Director of Operations will help ensure that CityLink and its team are positioned to execute against our mission.
The Director of Operations will lead the Communications Manager, SalesForce Manager, as well as the third party HR Support, IT Support, and Accounting Support. This includes setting priorities, executing annual plans, and management of contracts.
The Director of Operations will also directly manage the organization’s process for hiring, procurement and management of insurance, management of employee benefits, support of the annual Audit process, and management of partner contracts.
The Director of Operations will closely coordinate activities with Partner Agency leadership, Development Director and Program Director, and staff to ensure optimal approach and outcomes.
Mission and Vision Support:
The Director of Operations directly supports CityLink’s vision and mission through maintaining a strong foundation for our business operations. Furthermore, the Director of Operations will align priorities of key supporting services like communications, SalesForce, IT, accounting, HR, which are critical to our ability to execute our mission.
Job Duties and Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned as appropriate):
Shared Service Leadership & Management
- Support SalesForce Manager in identification of goals, prioritization, and resourcing to equip the organization to maximize the benefits of the technology platform across constituencies.
- Support Communications Manager in identification of goals, prioritization, and resourcing to clearly and effectively communicate across constituencies. Support annual budget for comms.
- Work with IT to identify, implement and sustain a set of tools (hardware/software) to advance our mission. Coordinate annual budget for IT needs.
- Work with Accounting to reconcile budgets, facilitate approval of invoices, support procurement, and support the annual audit process.
Human Resource Management
- Support the hiring processes and coordinate onboarding with hiring manager.
- Manage the annual review process for all employees, coordinate with reporting managers.
- Optimize staff benefits with 3rd party support, act as primary staff liaison with service providers for retirement benefits, healthcare benefits, etc.
- Support staff development days and on-going education/development goals.
Additional Operations Support
- Maintain and support updates/renewals of partner contracts.
- Manage insurance policies and coverage to optimized levels for business needs.
- Mature in faith and committed to continuous growth
- Ability to think strategically across multiple priorities and initiatives
- Self-starter and solution-focused
- Possess a strong process orientation – high organizational skills and follow-through • Works well with diverse groups of people and able to lead collaboration
- Ability to work through challenging situations
Education and Experience
- Possess a bachelor’s degree in applicable field (Business, HR, Operations)
- Experience in organizational leadership and management
- Seeking cross-functional leadership capabilities and experience
- Experience in working in a highly collaborative environment with multiple partners • Experience in Human Resources and/or experience with personnel management • Knowledge of management principles and evaluation methods for continuous improvement • Proficient in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft and web applications • Familiarity and proficiency in case management software or other similar systems
- Organization and planning skills
- Experience with accounting or IT is plus
- Demonstrated capability to conduct one’s self in a calm and professional demeanor when dealing with the public and/or with difficult situations
- Demonstrated capability to effectively communicate orally and in writing
- Ability to work well with a diverse group of staff, partners, providers, and volunteers
- Willingness to adjust hours to accommodate the needs of the job
- Ability to effectively manage a wide array of tasks, projects, and responsibilities
- Ability to work productively in an unstructured environment with frequent interruptions • Ability to simultaneously work on multiple initiatives in a dynamic and undefined environment
- Hours are generally Monday through Friday with some nights and Saturdays.
- Must be available for special events, meetings, and training
Time Commitment: 40+ hours /week
Reports To: Johnmark Oudersluys, Executive Director of CityLink Center
Think you'd be a good fit?
We'd love to hear from you.
Please send your resumé and cover letter to [email protected]