Construction Industry Specialist
The Construction Industry Specialist will be a contract employee of CityLink Center and report to the Program Director and Executive Director.
The Construction Industry Specialist is a key conduit between individuals seeking employment in the construction industry and those employers seeking new talent. During initial phases of the FCC Stadium Construction, this role will primarily be responsible for connectivity between new applicants and companies for that project.
In an immediate and on-going manner, the Construction Industry Specialist is responsible for being the primary ambassador of the construction training program and its graduates. This role will support construction training graduates for the job search process. This role is responsible for cultivating relationships with local construction companies for new job opportunities and in order to gather feedback on the quality of candidates produced from program. Feedback from industry on graduates and industry need will be utilized to continuously improve the program.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Receive new job openings from Turner Construction, Jostin Construction and respective sub-contractors for the FCC Stadium build.
- Review job openings for completeness and post on a ‘closed site’ designated for individuals within the targeted census tracts. After designated amounts of time, transition remaining open job postings to the ‘open site’ for any individuals seeking employment on the project.
- Manage listings of applicants including, general community applicants, applicants from targeted census tracts, applicants completing job readiness programs at CityLink Center, applicants completing construction training at CityLink Center.
- Communicate new job openings to respective applicant pools in accordance with the FCC Project commitments to the community.
- Maintain ongoing relationships with construction companies through regular meetings gathering feedback on talent pipeline
- Review resumes and support participants as they update to include skills obtained during program training and any certifications
- Create opportunities to engage construction professionals in portions of skills training
- Provide opportunities for mock interviews utilizing volunteers and industry representatives prior to completion of any job training
- Utilize employer feedback to provide ongoing coaching – post interview and post hire
- Track employment outcomes and job retention
- Mature in faith and committed to continuous growth
- Strong communication skills and ability to present information through training and support
- Welcoming and engaging personality, desire for high levels of personal interaction
- Ability to work across multiple priorities and initiatives
- Possess high initiative as self-starter and solution focused
- High organizational skills and follow-through
- Works well with diverse groups of people
- Ability to work through challenging situations
Education and Experience:
- Possess practical construction experience in the field, minimum of 2 years
- Orientation to detail
- Comfort in ambiguity, ability to scope out need, approach and lead execution
- Willingness to roll-up sleeves and jump into work
- Experience in working in highly collaborative environment with multiple partners
- Proficient in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft, web applications, and Google Suite
- Experience with SalesForce a plus
- Knowledge of project management principles and methods for effective execution
- Organization and planning skills
- Demonstrated capability to effectively communicate orally and in writing
- Ability to work well with a diverse group of staff and volunteers
- Ability to effectively manage a wide array of tasks, projects, and responsibilities
- Ability to simultaneously work on multiple initiatives in a dynamic and undefined environment
- Hours are generally Monday through Friday with some Saturdays
Time Commitment: 20 hours /week
Reports To: Dani Watkins, Program Director of CityLink Center
Johnmark Oudersluys, Executive Director of CityLink Center
Think you'd be a good fit?
We'd love to hear from you.
Please send your resumé and cover letter to [email protected]